Monday, February 4, 2013

Having a Wonderful Day!

Hello Everyone,
I did not have a post scheduled for today, however I decided to post about some great things that are happening in my life. You have most likely seen some of my color palettes and patterns that I have created on COLOURlovers. COLOURlovers is a great site, in which I am a member of a couple of groups. One of the groups is called Color Calming Creations. Color Calming Creations has a daily contest in which the group leader picks two nominees and posts some of their work {one pattern, one palette, and one color}. Then other members of the group vote on whose creations they find to be the most appealing. They can also view each nominees profile to view other work they have done. The nominee with the most votes wins. Well I am happy to say that I WAS NOMINATED FOR TODAY'S CONTEST!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am, as well as honored that my work is truly admired by others.


Below is the pattern, palette and color {from my list of many} that the leader decided to post to be voted on:

Pattern:

I_Heart_Flowers
Vector Patterns by COLOURlovers


Palette:
The_Scenic_Route
Color by COLOURlovers


Color:
dark_golden
Color by COLOURlovers           {Not my favorite color I created, however I guess other like it}

So there they are. Now for the rest of the evening other members will be voting, so wish me luck!!!




Now about the next exciting thing......
I have always wanted to learn how to doodle. I absolutely love how the drawing come out. Now unlike my son,  I am not very gifted when it comes to drawing. Therefore, I thought that I would never be able to make those cute doodle pictures. However while I was visiting a favorite blog of mine, Homegrown Hospitality, I saw that she was offering an online class to learn how to doodle. Now the blog owner, Stephanie, is a very talented person. I adore her work. Here take a look:




Aren't they wonderful? 

When I saw that she was offering an online class, I was hesitant thinking I could not do it. Boy, was I wrong!!! The course is absolutely wonderful! Stephanie has really taken the time to explain in great detail how to doodle. Also, it is not as difficult as it looks. Really, it's actually really fun and relaxing. 

I am almost complete with lesson 1, and will show you my first complete doodle when I finish. If you are interested in the course, go check it out at Homegrown Hospitality. You will be glad you did. It is a work at your own pace course; so no pressure. Plus very affordable. I am very glad that I decided to do it. I have always wanted to, and now I have a new craft skill. 

Thank you for sharing my excitement!
Jenn


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. I welcome constructive criticism, however please be respectful and considerate when leaving this type of comment. This blog is a place of love, creativity and learning. I love connecting will other bloggers, like-minded people who share similar interest and new readers. Feel free to introduce yourself. Thank you!!
♥ Jenn

Featured Post

How to Organize Embroidery Floss Thread

As part of my New Year's resolution to become more organized, I decided that I was going to find a way to prevent those huge bal...